2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large bananas, mashed OR 2 cups unsweetened applesauce. (I used 1 of each)
1 T raw honey
2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 T ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
toppings of your choice: berries, fruit, nuts, pure maple syrup, chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Combine eggs, vanilla, bananas and honey in a large bowl. Mash bananas and mix well. Set aside.
3. Add oats, cinnamon and baking powder in a small bowl, then stir well and combine with banana mixture
4. Stir in almond milk and mix well.
5. Divide oatmeal evenly between prepared muffin cups and add toppings of your choice!
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.
7. Cool slightly and serve immediately, or save and freeze.
Makes 12 muffins. Container count each muffin is 1/2 yellow and 1/2 purple. If you add chips or nuts, be sure you factor that in.