7 Tips for Starting Shakeology
1. Use only 1/2 scoop for the first week or so. If you get the packets, use 1/2 of the packet per shake. Since Shakeology is so rich in nutrients, sometimes the introduction of them into your system (especially if your diet isn’t clean) can be startling. It’s best to ease into it a 1/2 scoop at a time.
2. Use a blender if you have one. We have a NutriBullet that we use to make our shakes in the morning. While you can shake it in the shaker cup, if you’re adding anything to it, it’s not going to shake well. No matter how long you shake that cup, the banana and kale is not going to be blended.
3. You may have to use the restroom a bit more at first. Again, Shakeology is filled with super nutrients that help to clean out your system. That means the gunk that’s in your body is going to be eliminated. So, just be prepared that you may need to go.
4. You may feel constipated. Fiber, digestive enzymes, and pre/probiotics are amazing for your system, but when you’re starting a dietary change, it can throw your digestive system off a bit. Again, this doesn’t happen for everyone (it didn’t happen for me or my family), but just in case it does happen, you know what’s going on and why.
5. If you’re lactose intolerant, you may want to order the Vegan formulas. The regular formulas have a milk protein in them that’s amazing, but…not if you’re lactose intolerant. If you’ve already ordered the regular kind and are sitting there going, “Shoot!”, don’t worry. You can call customer service and you’ll be able to return your bag for an exchange. Sometimes people don’t know this and if they’re lactose sensitive, when they drink it they get a belly ache. The Vegan formula should help.
>You may feel bloated or gassy. Remember the whole nutrient rich point I keep bringing up? Well, the amazing fiber, pre- and pro-biotics, and digestive enzymes can make that happen. It’s temporary and should subside within a week.
6. You may have a lot of energy after drinking it…or you may not feel a huge difference. This has a lot to do with your current diet. If you’re eating relatively healthy foods, you probably won’t see too much of a difference. If your diet consists of mainly processed foods, it may impact you more.
7. Try different recipes. When you order your Shakeology, a list of different recipes is included. Once you find your perfect combination, you’ll be set!