Non-stick cooking spray
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1/4 cup organic, grass-fed butter, melted (or extra virgin coconut oil)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup organic, unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in blender or food processor, cover, and blend until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
5. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
7. Cut into 12 squares.