½ tsp. olive oil
10 medium asparagus spears, trimmed
2 cups hot water
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
2 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread (like Ezekiel®), toasted
2 Tbsp. Lemon Garlic Sauce (see separate recipe for Lemon Garlic Sauce) Freshly ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add asparagus; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender-crisp. Set aside.
3. Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice; reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil.
4. Place one egg into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the water’s surface and slip the egg into the water, repeat with remaining egg; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are completely set. Gently lift eggs out of water.
5. Spread each piece of toast with 1 Tbsp. Lemon Garlic Sauce. Top with five asparagus spears, one egg, and pepper (if desired).
6. Serve immediately