1 lb. raw 92% lean ground beef
1 medium eggplant, sliced into 8 rounds
5 pinches sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
1 tsp. ghee (organic grass-fed, if possible)
1 ⁄3 cup thinly sliced onion (½ medium)
¾ cup thinly sliced bell pepper (1 medium)
4 slices cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
1. Form ground beef into four equal patties. Set aside.
2. Heat cast iron skillet (or any heavy-bottomed skillet) over high heat until very hot. Coat with spray. Add eggplant, season with 1 pinch salt; cook for 3 minutes.
3. Lightly coat tops of eggplant with spray, flip, season with 1 pinch salt; cook for an additional 3 minutes. Place on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
4. Add ghee, onion, bell pepper, and 1 pinch salt to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly charred. Place on plate with eggplant. Set aside.
5. Coat skillet with spray. Add patties and 1 pinch salt; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until a deep brown sear forms on underside.
6. Lightly coat tops of patties with spray, flip, season with remaining pinch salt; cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Top each patty with 1 slice of cheese; cook for an additional minute for medium-rare, or cook to desired doneness.
8. Place a slice of eggplant on each of four serving plates. Top each with a patty, and evenly with onion and bell pepper mixture. Top with a second slice of eggplant. Enjoy!