1 tsp. ghee (organic grass-fed, if possible)
1 cup quartered cremini mushrooms
1 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
1 tsp. finely chopped thyme
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 dash ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 slice low-sodium sprouted wheat bread (like Ezekiel®), toasted
1. Heat ghee in large skillet over high heat.
2. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Add shallot, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shallot is translucent.
4. Add vinegar; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until pan is almost dry.
5. Top toast with mushroom mixture and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTE: You can substitute 1 Tbsp. chopped onion and ¼ tsp. chopped garlic for shallot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: To make this recipe gluten-free, use Gluten-Free Fresh Bread (see separate recipe for Gluten-Free Fresh Bread).